Friday, 18 May 2018

Proposal

Format: The format of my media product will be a Magazine.
I am going to produce a new sports, boxing magazine in the form of a Front Cover and Double Page Spread. This is going to be s part of a larger promotional project for Southpaw magazine.
Working Title: My working title is ‘Southpaw’. This is part of the name of a local boxing club that my magazine will be based around. For this title I will use a bold white font and I will use a boxing glove to act as the letter ‘P’.

Genre: The sub-genre of my magazine is boxing. My target audience is going to be aimed at males. This is because a statistic from boxing news magazine states that 90% of their audience are male. I will also be aiming my magazine to ages 13+. The demographic group that my magazine will fall into will be BC1C2.

Content:
My double page spread will have a main image and an interview from a member of the local club. This interview will be about what the club has done for the person and the community as this is going to be an article about local issues. For my front cover it will have a main image of a boxer that will be interviewed. And a bold Masthead to make the magazine visually noticeable.

Audience:

  • 13+
  • Male ( there will still be female readers)
  • BC1C2
The audience of my magazine will be youths. This will be mainly aimed at men as boxing is a male dominated sport. However, anyone can read this magazine if it is in their interest.
My magazine will be released in local stores as it is a local magazine. I will also have an online version. Therefore I will have a link on my front cover so people can use the website.


Length: my magazine will have three pages. Cover page and a double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment