Friday, 18 May 2018

P2 - Create sample materials to support the porposal


Sample Photographs


These images are all unedited. I will be picking  two images, one for the front cover and one for my double page spread. I have had to create a permission form so that I can use the images in my magazine. I did not have to have permission for the facility used as the images where taken in my house.

Mood Board


P2 – Mood board annotations

My mood board contains eight front covers from existing boxing magazines. These magazines are aimed at boxing enthusiasts. Each front cover contains images and text to appeal to the target audience. A common feature of all the magazine covers is the mast head text which includes the word “boxing.” This makes it clear to the reader what the magazine content is about. A bold font style is used as it is impactful and is appropriate for the theme of boxing. The main Images on the magazines all show the boxer in training or in competition. The image of the boxers used in the magazine are all professional well known sportsman. The majority of shots used on these magazine covers are all mid shots. This is where the shot capture the waist up. The colour in the magazines have a lot of red, white, gold and black. The red is used as boxing is a brutal sport where there will be blood. The gloves also are usually coloured red as well as the ropes. The pull quotes used are using alliteration. E.g. “FINALLY FOR FLOYD?” and “Conor Benn brings father’s fire.” These are memorable phrases. The images of the boxers are shirtless and oiled, these images will have also been photo shopped and edited. This is used to glamourize the sport.

Double page spread annotations

this double page spread has an image on the left hand side of the person that the article is about. the article on the right hand side is written in columns which is a key convention in magazines. on this double page spread there is also a title "DAI HARD" and also subheadings which tells the reader a little bit about the article.



Front cover and DPS sketched designs







in comparison to boxing magazines my magazine sketch fits the expectations as there will be an image of a boxing in fighting position on the front cover. I also will be using a lot of the conventions of a magazine, for example, pull quote to draws in the reader, PUG, this shows what is included in the magazine. this is usually a free item and is used to catch the readers attention. the colours I plan to use for the front cover is black and white for the background and text as it is very simple and will have a bold eye catching effect as the contrast in colours work well together. the main image will be black and white however will still have spot colour as the boxing gloves will be coloured red. this will draw the attention to the gloves which will indicate that the sport is boxing. I want all of the other text on the front cover to stand out, this is because this text is used to show the reader what is in the magazine. for this I will be making the text red and gold. this is a typical colour to use for boxing magazines. I feel like this is because the red indicates blood and danger and the gold represents championship. I will also be using the same colour scheme for my double page spread.




Consent Form


[Click to enlarge]

This is my consent form. this form gives me permission to use the following persons information, images and interview that I had taken. this come under legal and ethical as if I didn't have the consent form it would be seen as unethical as I would not have permission to use the persons given information.

No comments:

Post a Comment