Monday, 4 June 2018

P4 - Double page spread interview


 Original interview

Tell me a little bit about yourself?

My name is Jay Griff, I am 18 years old and live in the maghull area. I currently attend deyes Sixth form.
How old were you when you started boxing?
I first started boxing at aged 15 which is a difficult age to start boxing as most people start around aged 9.
Has boxing helped you in any way?
Boxing has helped me in many ways. It is a great stress relief, especially with college. It has also kept me fit and healthy which I can’t complain about. Boxing is a much disciplined sport and it has taught me a lot of respect which I didn’t have originally. Growing up I always got into trouble and mixed with people I shouldn’t. I believe the southpaw boxing gym has kept me out of trouble and has raised me to be who I am today. I would even go as far to say “boxing saved me!”
What is the boxing Gym doing for the local community?
The southpaw boxing gym is doing a lot for the community. It isn’t just getting youths out of trouble but its holding free classes for over 50s to keep the elderly in shape and healthy. They also hold fundraising events to spend money on cleaning the town of litter and graffiti.
Would you recommend boxing to others?
I think that people should try out boxing. It keeps you focused and can teach you a lot. You learn something new every day and is a great way to meet new people.


 Finished

“My name is Jay Griff, I am 18 years old and live in the maghull area. I currently attend deyes Sixth form.”
Jay Griff is an 18-year-old aspiring boxer from Maghull. His life currently consists of his boozing training whilst attending school frequently at Deyes Sixth form. Jay started to participate in local boxing classes at the Southpaw gym in Maghull. He first started at the age of 15 which he says is “a difficult age to start boxing as most people start around aged 9.”
“Boxing has helped me in many ways.” Jay thinks of boxing as a really good and effective way to relieve stress. Which really helps with his school life. “it has also kept me fit and healthy, which I can’t complain about.”
Jay also reveals that boxing is a very disciplined sport and has taught him a lot of respect that he didn’t posses growing up. He believes that the southpaw boxing gym has created who he is today and would even comment “boxing saved me!”
It appears that the boxing gym isn’t just picking troubled teens of the local streets. It is also throwing them back out them to make a difference. The gym holds many fundraisers that are open to all. This money is being used on cleaning the town of litter and graffiti. It also helps run an over 50s class which is free to all over 50’s as the owner and students believe everyone should be able to do their sport.
“I think that people should try boxing.” The sport keeps you focused and can benefit you with a lot of knowledge and skill that you didn’t have before. Throughout the time that Jay has attended he says he learns something new every single day and has made a great number of new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment